The Good News Talk from the Celebration on 5th Feb is a podcast episode of Good News Over Coffee called Church Mission. The notes which were printed in the bulletin sheet are reproduced below. The notes are for using as you listen, the discussion starters are for use in small groups like our Connect Groups or as food for thought as you pray.
1. Bless the area and the people (v5)
By serving and praying for them.
2. Socialise with them (v7)
In your homes, at church events, in the Coffee Bar. Bring them to your Connect Group.
3. Meet felt needs, letting them see the power of God when he answers prayers (v9a)
Individually being a good neighbour, praying for healing individually and in the church. The church working to provide needed services.
4. Tell them the Good News (v9b)
Be prepared to tell others of what a difference knowing Jesus makes in your life. Bring them to the Celebration on Sunday to experience worship and healing and to hear the Good News.
Discussion Starters Luke 10:1-24
1. Why do you think the command “Ask the Lord…” (10:2) precedes the command “Go!” (10:3)? How can you put both of these commands into practice?
2. How can we use this passage as a model for how we reach out to people? What things are directly applicable?
3. How do you reconcile the call for joy in this passage with the call to sacrifice in Luke 9:57-62? How do they fit together?